The New Songwriter in Town

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The power was out for a few hours today. It made me realize how much I love electricity. Seriously. It's amazing. I mean, having the house lit by candles was pretty (and it smelled good, too), but there wasn't much light. It made it more easy to romanticize, though.

I had a great day with my friends. We went sledding in the morning, and then took a break for lunch. Then one of my bestest friends, Morgan, came over and I showed her one of my new songs, Ghosts of the Past (I'll try and put it on here for you). I really like writing songs. Next to writing books, songwriting/playing the piano is my favorite hobby. So, I'm going to spend the next few days pluggin' away at my song. I've pretty much got the piano part, but I've still got to figure out the violin part (my friend Sarah said that maybe she'll play it for me). So, I've got the song planned out--almost.

I suppose I should give my computer up to my dad, and get ready for bed. So I'll leave you with this statement: the groundhog did not see his shadow today. Now I won't have to shoot him. Thanks, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. You are writing the musical score, too? Wow - very impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)