Why Him?

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Last night, I learned something. I must admit, the news flash was so obvious and inevitable that I wondered why I hadn't realized it before. But, ashamed or not, I was excited. It happened while I was in bed, thinking of the plot for my Civil War book, Rebel Yell. I was trying to figure out one of the characters. One of my characters in particular was...well, I really misunderstood him. But, last night, he unfolded in front of my very eyes. I was happy, because my character had changed from a bitter, uncaring young man, to someone who had found out that they were wrong, and needed to change. Well, he did change, and I was so happy that I felt like yelling. But then I found out something else about my character. The day after he changed, he was found dead. I was suddenly looking at a body on the ground. I was very upset. But I know that that's how it has to be. I will miss my character--especially since he is so nice, now that he has changed; he has to be killed, though. It's the only way I can tell the story; because that's how it happened. But on to happier things.


For Christmas, I got a gift card. And I spent my gift card on a CD. What  CD? I got Closer. And it's a Josh Groban CD. He has an amazing voice. Seriously. If you have never heard Josh Groban sing, you need to. He sings a lot of Italian songs, too, and you can really hear his voice. I've never met anyone who doesn't like Josh Groban.


One of my favorite songs is Oceano. It's an Italian one, and it really pretty.






 



My Confession is pretty good too.











And When You Say You Love Me...That's so sweet.










But You Raise Me Up is my top favorite. It's just an awesome song.







So, yeah. I'd say that buying this CD was definitely worth everything.

I recomend this CD. Josh Groban has a really great voice. Really. If you don't believe me, just listen to him. I have two of his songs on my blog music player. He's awesome.

Well, it's supper time, and I must be off. After supper, I think I'm going to work on my character. The death that I'm picturing is really moving. I even wrote it out, to see what it would look like. If I can write the book like I'd like to, then I think people might shed a few tears. Because the new character (I can't tell you his name, it would really give the story away) is so lovable. If the "old" guy had died, I would be minorly moved, because of the his family. But now...I was almost in tears as I was writing out my ideas. I could actually see him, lying on the ground. And I heard him talking, taking back all of the bitter words and action he had ever said, the day before he was killed. I wish he could live--the new improved guy would be so wonderful to have in the story. But he must die. There's no stopping it. So here's goodbye to you, Mr. Soldier (there, you know he's a soldier). It was fun writing about you. I'm glad you were able to change. Now, goodbye to you, blogger buddies. I've gotta eat!

"Elsie, I've realized that I was wrong. I've got to get out. I'm not killing another person."
"You've changed, [the character]. I'm very proud of you. I've never been this proud of anybody."
"There's more to fighting than just loyalty....I reckon I've grown up some, Elsie. I'm not bitter anymore. For once I feel...at peace."

--from Rebel Yell

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)