Which One to Choose...

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last night, I spent some time getting to know one of my characters, Kate. I thought up a letter to Kate in my mind, and then I made up a letter that Kate sent back to me. And I got to straighten out my character, which helped me straighten out a storyline. But that's not what this post is about.

This post is about My Meadows. It's not the action-thriller-mystery-novel. In a month or so, I might find out that there's no point in writing My Meadows, because no one wants to read it--that it's not interesting. Or maybe just the sequel is interesting. But I'm going to work on it, even if I'm not sure how it will turn out, because no matter what, it will help my writing.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out names for my characters. I already have names for everybody, but somehow, the names don't seem to fit the characters. I want a name that fits their personality, a name that makes them real. I'm not sure if I have that now.

I'm not sure which story of mine to pursue (yes, I'm changing the subject, slightly). Should I work on my mystery (you read the character sketches)? My Meadows? What about the civil war story of mine (which has a new name, Rebel Yell). I don't know which one to do. Plus, I have countless other stories like I could work on. Like the one about the Titanic, or my book about Pearl Harbor. There are just too many choices. But I think that I need to focus on My Meadows.

Well, I must be going. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)