I Won't Let Go

7:12 PM

 

I read a really good book the other day. I had to read it for school, but I don't mind--it was a great book! It was called The Shield Ring, and it's by Rosemary Sutcliffe. She wrote a lot of books about early England. Seriously, it was very good. There was a lot about friendship in it, although the friendship between the two main characters wasn't the plot. Well, the other day, as I was finishing the book, I heard a song by Rascal Flatts, called I Won't Let Go. And I thought, "Whoa. This song could be a theme song for the book, in a way." It's a really beautiful song. I love the chorus.


                                        I will stand by you,
                                        I will help you through,
                                       When you've done all you can do, 
                                       And you can't cope. 
                                       I will dry your eyes,
                                       I will fight your fight, 
                                       I will hold you tight,  
                                      And I won't let go.

It was funny, that I heard that song as I was finishing the book. I recommend the book. It's about how the Norsemen are fighting off the Normans, who are trying to invade their (the Norsemen's) part of England. I was surprised at how extremely good it was. I finished it really quick--I just couldn't put it down. I spent all of Sunday reading it (from after lunch till about 7:00). I think that it should be made into a movie--I would be the first person to buy it. I'd like to act in it, too...But that's another story.

Well, I'll leave you now, with I Won't Let Go playing in the back of my mind (I think my dad wants on the computer). But before I go, I want to recommend The Shield Ring. And I want to remind all my friends and family reading this, that I won't let go. I'll do everything the chorus says. Cuz I love you guys.

P.S. Maybe I'll write about the book later. It's awesome!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey - maybe I'll read that book. Was it told in first person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it wasn't told in the first person. But it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts