Being a Rebel

4:44 PM

When you here the word rebel, what comes to mind? Maybe it's a teenager who is covered in tattoos, with blue hair (and yellow highlights). Maybe it's an army of gray in 1863. I don't know what your definition is. Maybe you believe that there are different kind of rebels; that's what I think .

I divide rebels into two groups: Good rebels, and Bad rebels. Simple enough, right? What makes them different? What do the good rebels do that make them good? Well, good rebels rebel against things like a corrupt government, or lies. Bad rebels rebel against things that are pure, and true. So it can be good to be a rebel.

You could say that Christians are good rebels, because we rebel against the world. To put it simply, I'll quote Do Hard Things-- "...teens [rebelling] against the low expectations of the world." That is an example of what I'm talking about.


Why am I talking about rebels? To straighten out my thoughts--I guess. See, there's this story in the back of my mind and the plot involves revolves around rebels. So I'm trying to learn a little about rebels. And I have. So thanks for putting up with me. What you do think about rebels? Do you think that my "Good rebel, Bad rebel" theory is bad? Let me know your thoughts.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I totally agree with you, Emily! A good rebel is someone who isn't afraid to stand up against the majority for what they believe in. A bad rebel is just someone who is trying to be contrary and shock others.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts