2011

8:20 PM

Well, 2011 is here. For the first time in years, I was happy to welcome 2011. I didn't have such a hard time saying goodbye to 2010. Maybe that's "a good omen"--if you believe in that kind of stuff. Personally, I'm not superstitious. How has the New Year been so far? Not that great--"so far". I'm all stuffed up. Yep, I'm sick. Whoopee. My mom made pancakes for breakfast. I was excited--'cuz there was nothing else to do. But I couldn't taste them. Or the syrup. To say the least, I was disappointed. But I got my taste back at lunch. Right now, though, I only have an appetite for the food that I always have an appetite for: Subway subs (I put on a whole commercial when I want to go there for lunch).

On New Years Eve, I wrote my resolutions. They were pretty long. But then, there are a lot of things I want to do. One of my resolutions was to write more. I really do need to get serious about my writing. You know, work on it more. I shouldn't slack off; I'll never get anywhere that way. So this year, I'm going to write, write, write!

For Christmas, I got the book Do Hard Things. It. Is. Amazing. The book talks about how our culture has very low expectations for teens. And teens are meeting those low expectations. You know, there was a time when you were either an adult or a child. One part of the book says that teens are people who want the freedom of adults, but not the responsibility that comes with it. I know it's true, because I've felt that way before, too. I want freedom (like, driving),  but I don't want to have to pay for insurance or gas. But now I know that there are consequences for things that we do (even driving). Then the book goes on to say that the teens years are the launching pad for life. Yes, it's fun to have parties when we're teens. But will we spend all our time partying in "the real world" (you know, that place where our parents live?). Not if we're going to be responsible, mature adults. Now, I'm not preaching against parties--not at all! I love parties, and I always will! I'll probably go to parties when I'm an adult. But they won't be our whole life then--and they shouldn't be now.
I have to go now. I hope to see you all soon (after I get better--I don't want to give you anything). Bye!

P.S. We've been watching Hogan's Heroes (thank's Mee-Mee, for getting it for us!) and we love it! Also, I highly recomend that all teens (even adults) read Do Hard Things. Now I'm going. Really. Seriously. Bye!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts