When Doors Open and Close...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I can't believe that I only have one last day in the year 2010. Just writing that sentence hurt me. Once again, I have that feeling that things are on fast forward, and I'm lost in the confusion. I don't want to say goodbye to 2010--so many good things have happened to me this year. For instance, I went to the Wilds, I went to Texas, I wrote some songs that my friends like, and I think that I've matured some in my writing. There's so many things that I want to hang on to. But 2011 will bring many more wonderful memories. I'm sure of it. Today, I read a quote from Alexander Grahm Bell. It said,

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

Come to think of it, that's what I've been doing with the new year; I never realized it till I read this, though. But isn't it so true? We're so focused on what we're losing, that we don't see what we're getting. And sometimes, when we do see it, it's too late. But this year, I'm going to try to focus on all the good things that might happen in 2011. I know one thing that is going to happen in 2011: we're having Christmas with my dad's family (Pappy Jack got back from the hospital). I'm already thinking of my new year resolutions. I'm excited for 2011.

I had a great Christmas. My keyboard is awesome (and I got some piano books, too). I've had a song stuck in my head for about a year--and now, I'm getting the music down. I've already got the intro and first verse about done, and it's not enough to say that I'm excited.

Thanks for listening to me--or rather, reading what I have to say. Haha. I hope to have another post soon! Possibly pictures (and stories) about the New Years Eve party that I'm going to tomorrow--it's with the Clan. So, have a happy New Year!                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)