Love

Friday, December 24, 2010

Blessing number 24 is a big part of everyone's life. What is it? Look at the title. It's love. Love is what made God send His only Son to die for us. I love the verse in the Bible that says,
"Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would be utterly contemned." Song of Solomon 8:7
 I love that verse! It reminds me that no matter what, my family will always love me--even though I'm clumsy, and walk into walls, and trip. I also like the verse that says,
"I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 8:38 

I'm so thankful that God will always love me; I'm thankful for His love now. And I'm thankful that I have a family (and friends) who love me. I know I sure love them! I know that there are some people out there who say, "Well, God doesn't love us." If God didn't love us, then why did He send His only Son to die on a cross? People also say that if God really loved us, He wouldn't send people to hell. My youth pastor has said before, "God doesn't send people to hell; people send themselves to hell." So just remember that this Christmas. Remember that God love you--and everyone around you.

I have a song below here that I love. It's really beautiful, and so true. My favorite part of the song is, "Behold the Man upon the cross, my sin upon His shoulders, ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers. It was my sin that held Him there, until it was accomplished. His dying breath has brought me life. I know that it is finished." Please enjoy this beautifully awesome song!
P.S. Before you watch this, make sure to turn of my music player on the sidebar! : ) And, if you could all pray for my Pappy Jack, I would really appreciate it. He's in the hospital right now, so we won't be having Christmas with the Clan. Thanks!



Have a very Merry Christmas, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Romans 8:38 has always been one of my favorite verses and the one from Song of Soloman is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite song! "His wounds have been my ransom" - That's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The song is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)