Wishing to Go Back

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving is on Thursday and I can't believe it! It's going to be so fun, I'm sure. Everything is going to smell amazing, everything is going to taste amazing, and I'll get to be with my family. I'm so thankful for my family. God has truly blessed me! They all love me, and I love them. I know that I couldn't ask for a better family. Where I would be without them, I'm not sure. But I don't want to find out.

Our laptop is awesome. It has Windows 7, and a built in webcam. This webcam is so cool. I love to play around with it--you know, experiment. It's a lot of fun.

I feel so busy. Everything is crazy, now that I'm in high school. And with Christmas coming, the craziness has soared higher. I've got pictures to take, pictures to load on to my computer, rehearsals with Morgan and Bethanie (plus songs to write and edit), and Christmas presents to buy. Aaaaa! That's what I feel like yelling half the time. Things are flying by so fast. I can't believe that just two years ago, I wanted the year to hurry up and move on. Now I'm praying that it will slow down. It's kind of funny, isn't it? You're whole childhood, the years go slow, and then once you're older (like in your teens--which I guess is still part of childhood) you want to go back. I know I do. I want to be--oh, say eight again. When everything seemed perfect. There was no such thing as evil then; all I knew was that life was good. Now I'm older and I know that there is such a thing as evil. Now I wish that I could go back--for just one day--and be little again, playing house with the neighbor kids, or being in charge of the Meadows Detective Agency. But I can't go back. All I have are memories--and they'll last me a lifetime. Sometimes I'll burst into laughter when I remember all the crazy stuff we did. Oh, I'd go back though. I'd give anything to go back.

Okay, I'll stop venting now. In fact, I'll get off. Thanks for listening! And enjoy these days while they're here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)