Stand

4:44 PM

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but life is way too busy. I love to get on here and write, but...there's not much time, even though blogging relaxes me. I heard someone say once that sometimes, we need to relax from relaxing. I couldn't have said it better myself.

So, any big news? Didn't think so. I don't really have any big news. But I do have good news--for me, at least. Everyone seems to be liking me character sketches (I know, you're all probably thinking, "that's good news?") I'm glad that people are interested in my characters--you guys are awesome. I don't know what I'd do without you. Being a writer can be a very draining thing. And when  I say that, I mean that it's takes a lot out of you; it takes a lot out of you when people drop hints that they think your writing is juvenile. It takes a lot out of you to have people say, "writing not a job." And it takes a lot out of you when you can't figure out how to advance your plot--and not only that, but it's discouraging, too. But I just stumbled onto the Rascal Flatts song Stand ---and it is so amazing. It reminded me that no matter how hard I fall, I need to get right back up again--cuz I'm not dead; just a little beat up, and worn out. So what if people seem to push me over when they look down on my writing? I can just stand back up--they'll see soon enough. I am a writer. And I think that I can make something of the things I write--stories, songs...I'm going to stand.



You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture
With a broken flame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright
You'll be alright

Cuz when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made up
You might bend till you break
Cuz it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get made you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you stand 

And so on and so forth. It's an awesome song. Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Who said your writing is juvenile? I'll beat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the song- the imagery is so beautiful! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts