Broadcasting Live

4:24 PM

I am back from camping. I have a ton of pictures that I'll be putting on here soon. But right now, I don't have time for that. I'm busy with school.

On the way home yesterday, I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said "Are You Saved?" It made me think. That person was broadcasting that they're a Christian (or at least go to church). Some people don't like to do that. But we need to. If we're Christians, then there should be a change--and we should broadcast that change to everyone around us.

There should be a change in our attitude. Don't go dragging your feet around with a "who cares" look on your face. God gives us joy--let that joy be on your face.

Your language should be different. One thing I hate is to hear people swear--I flinch. But what really bothers me is when people who call themselves Christians, go to church, and talk about God swear. Come on. I don't understand how people can say, "Oh, I'm a Christian, I love the Lord" and then turn around and use His name as a swear word. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone that I know, I just wonder why--or how--people could do this.

This might is something I struggle with. We need to constantly be talking about God and Jesus Christ to our unsaved friends. Why don't we? I think that part of it might be the fear that it will ruin our friendship. But I think that if our friends really love us, then they'll at least hear us out if we want to talk about God. "What if they want to talk to me about their religion?" you ask. Well, hear them out. If you know what they're believing, then you'll be able to make a more sound argument for Christianity.

Like I said before, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone--I have problems "broadcasting" too--I think everyone does. So please don't get any wrong ideas. But I think this is a big problem among Christians today--and I'm sure it always has been. I think we can try to fix it, though; ask God to give you strength. The Bible says that the harvest is plenty and the laborers are few. That means that there are many people all over the world who aren't saved, but there is only a few people who will tell them the wonderful news of Salvation. We need to be the laborers. We need to let our friends and family know that we're Christians--and we're not ashamed. I'll conclude with this thought: Are you broadcasting live?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I agree with you, Emily. Everyone should know that a Christian is a Christian. I am so proud of the woman that you have become, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts