Remember

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today I witnessed something that made me proud to be an American. I felt so proud to call this land my own.

My town held one of the largest 9/11 rides in the country. My small town. It was estimated that 3,000 people rode their motorcycles.

On the radio today, they were playing patriotic songs. I enjoyed them, of course, but what gave me chills was the clips that were played; phone calls, from people on planes to their loved ones; speech's that were given afterwards. America was so patriotic after 9/11. Sometimes I wonder, "what happened?" Why are we only patriotic on 9/11? I know that there are some people who are patriots year-round--but why do the majority of us wait for one day? We should remember 9/11 all year. And we need to learn a lesson from those who gave their lives. It's the lesson of Courage. In the dictionary, courage is defined as:

Courage, also known as bravery, fortitude, will, and intrepidity, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation;

a quality of spirit that enables you to face danger or pain without showing fear


According to this definition, courage is exactly what our fellow countrymen showed nine years ago. Whether it was our rescue crews, or those in the plane that crashed in PA, they were all courageous. I can't help but wonder, "could I have done that?" I hope that I would have, if I was in those situations. And I hope and pray that someday, I will have the courage of those in 9/11.

We will never forget 9/11. Never. And every year, we will grow more patriotic. Every year, more people ride in 9/11 rides. And I think that that is only right; this is America, and no one--no one--can kill the innocent people of this land and get away with it. No one. We're all American's and we're proud. We will not let terrorism defeat us. What happened on 9/11 was a terrible shock, and it still lingers in our memory--it will always linger. It will always give us chills when we think about all the people who died on 9/11. We won't forget. We won't ever be the same. We will support our soldiers, though, who are fighting against terrorism---against those who were behind 9/11. We have to remember, to be patriotic all year round.

Never Forget










(I'll put pictures from the ride today on later)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to see the parade and the fireworks - well, kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got to see it, too. It was cool to watch all the bikes go by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)