Rainy Days and Dreams

5:15 PM

Today is rainy. At least, it is out here in Meadows. I like rainy days. It makes me feel so... well, it's hard to describe. But, I feel safe, cozy, and...like I said, it's hard to describe. I like to watch old movies on rainy days, too. Or hang out with my friends. But most of all, I like to run around outside in the rain; I like to dance, sing, walk--I like to do just about anything in the rain! I don't care if I get wet--that's one of the best parts; I'm not scared of water. While other people run for cover, I like to saunter along, by myself. I have run to shelter in the past, of course--but I would've much rather stand outside.

I'm just going to say something kind of random: Happy Birthday, Jacob! Jacob is my cousin, and he's only a year younger than I am, so he, Mark and I are always together when possible; we're like the three musketeers. I used to call our trio The Three C's--the C stood for cousin. I know, I was weird. I don't why I picked that name. It was going to be the name of the band that I wanted us to form. I was crazy.

So, for school I'm reading a worldview book called The Deadliest Monster. It was written by a Christian, and it's really good. It's really made me see--and think about--so many things that I never have before. It's also reminded me that I can't be so wrapped up in making my dreams come true and my success, that I forget Who put me on this earth and why. My purpose--the reason I'm here--is not to bring glory to Emily Paige; it's to bring glory to God. I'm supposed to do what God wants me to do. I love the song at the Wilds that goes,

All I ever want to be
Is what you want of me, Lord, I give my life to You
And all my hope and dreams and plans
I place within Your hands, Lord, and give my life to You.


Well, I must go now. I have to set the table for supper. And after that, it's an airsoft war! Oh yeah! In the rain! And, it's freezing out, so I'm told. If I catch a cold, I'm going to laugh (afterwards, of course--I hate colds). So, I will leave you now, to prepare myself for the war.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts