My Work

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I want to let you all know that I'm over my three o'clock in the morning feeling. And it's all because of you!

(by the way, Penn State is on, and they're just taken the lead!)

Tonight, as I lay in bed, I'm going to try to straighten out the plots of my books. I need to get them down and neatly laid out in my mind. I've found out that it is somewhat hard to start writing a book without knowing what the plot is. It's like I'm stumbling around blindly, without knowing where I'm going--and that's kind of true. But enough of that. I'm sure you're all tired of me going on about my work. And it is work. No matter how many people say, "Writing? That's not work" and look down at me, it is my work. I still ask myself, though: when will people ever stop treating my writing as a child's game? It's not. I know that I'm not a Jane Austen; but I do know that my writing is my work. It's my career; and I'll defend it to the end.

I must get off now. My little sis wants on. Farewell, my friends!

P.S. Our youth group did the annual corn maze last night! It was sooo fun. By for now!

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I just wanted to tell you that I respect the writing that you do. I wish I could write like you do but it has never "flowed" from me like it does you. It has always "flowed" from Aunt Kim too. You must take after Pappy--he is the better writer of the two of us. Anyway, keep on writing and using your gift for the Lord. I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mee-Mee! I love you! Chicken and waffels tonight! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)