The Perfect Day

Friday, August 27, 2010

Today has to be a perfect day. It could be a little warmer (80 degrees is my kind of weather), but it's still heavenly. There's a nice breeze, and the fresh air that blows into my window is so...relaxing. This morning I sat on my window bench and read. Then I tried to write. And that reminds me. I think I told you how I started a book about Meadows. Our county has to be the most beautiful place in the world. And the people who live here are wonderful, too. I can't imagine life without Meadows. Really, it's such a big part in my life; I could never have wrote some of my books if I hadn't lived here.
I'll just be sitting at my window, staring across our yard, and an idea will come into my head for a song or a story. And the air is so pure, so sweet, that I can't help but stop and take a few deep breaths. Believe me, you haven't lived until you experience a day--particularly a summer day--at Meadows.

Anyway, back to my book. It isn't going to be a biography of me; it's going to be based on things that have happened to me, though. I'll add a little bit of fiction, because let's face it--my life isn't super exciting to most people. It's no action novel.

It's going to be September, soon. I can't help but feel a little... I don't know...depressed? Summer has flown right by. I feel as if I've wasted it. There were so many things that I wanted to do. I wanted to finish one of my novels; well, I'm not even close to having any novel done. I just barely got our annual picnic in with Morgan and Bethanie. And get this: we haven't even had a baseball game yet this year. Of course, that's because of Mark's arm. But still. It seems like everything that could keep me from writing did happen. I know that's not true, though. I didn't break my arm, and that would definitely keep my from writing. I just need to remember that I can't let myself walk away from writing. I need to get serious about writing.

Well, I'm going to get off now. Mark and the neighbors are outside playing baseball, and I'm going to go play too! Summer's not over yet!

2 comments:

  1. So I am going to be in this book of yours? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, you will. Now, what name should I give you? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)