America --Est. 1776--

5:47 PM

Happy Independence Day!

I love the fourth of July. And I love the way four and July look together. They're a perfect couple! I had a really good time camping this weekend (although some people didn't come) and I also wrote a song. It's for the 4th of July, but it isn't that good. Oh well. It's better than nothing. Right now, my parents are trying to decide whether or not to go to the fireworks. I hope we go. On the way home today, I had my window open, and the sun was really beating down on my right arm. Now, a part of my arm is sunburned. It makes me look kind of funny.
Today, I was listening to a song that I really love. And it's sooo appropriate for today, too. Now, I've heard this song about a million times, but not in a while (other than today) so please forgive me for any mistakes.


If tomorrow all the things were gone

I'd worked for all my life
And I had to start again
With just my children and my wife
I'd thank my lucky stars

To be living here today
Cuz the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away


And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave the right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
Cuz there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the USA


From the lake of Minnesota
To the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas
From sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston
From New York to LA

Well there's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say

I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died

Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
Cuz there ain't no doubt
I love this land

God Bless the USA

And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died

Who gave the right to me

And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend her still today
Cuz there ain't no doubt
I love this land

God Bless the USA


I always shiver when I fear that song. I feel so Patriotic. I want to do something for my country. I think everyone does, but we're scared to. And besides, we don't know what to do; plus, if we did know what to do, and did it, it wouldn't make of a difference. But we can make a difference. If we do something, it will encourage other people to do something. I figure that's the least I can do for this wonderful country of mine. I love that Star Spangled Banner!


America
--Est. July 4, 1776--

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love this country too, Emily. And if we all try to do something, we WILL make a difference. Keep up the good work you have been doing and keep loving the good old USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great song and a very good picture!! And I am really sorry I didnt make it up to the campground Emily... =( I really wish I could have come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And it's okay that you didn't come up. I forgive you :) Although, it wasn't as fun without you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks Emily! =) I heard Mark is getting pretty good on those wheelies too. I'll have to check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's ok. I stink at it though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts