Talents For Christ

3:17 PM

I had a really good time at Talents for Christ on Saturday. Thanks for all your prayers! I wasn't too nervous, and I did fairly well. Of course, I wasn't happy with how I did. But that's normal, for me. The preaching was wonderful and I got to hangout with four of the kids in my youth group. Everyone did a good job, and we each got a prize. We also found out that Andrea has a hidden talent for the violin.

I think that everyone had a good time playing capture the flag in the dark (lol). And it proved one of my many motto's: You never know what you have until you lose it. Or, in this case, you never fully appreciate your friends until it's pitch black and you can't see them. Haha. Anyway, I had to play in flip-flops, and a skirt. It's not the easiest thing to do, mind you. And it was dark. And the grass had just been cut. My white flip-flops are now green flip-flops.

For those of you who are crazy enough to want to see what I wrote for extemporaneous writing, it's pretty simple to find: just click on the page that says "extemporaneous writing." See how smart you are? Or maybe I just give good directions :)

Last night, the quintet I've been telling you about sung. I was pretty happy with it. My piano teacher wants the quintet to sing another song some morning in June, though. And I don't mind that at all, except for how I'll get nervous.

And that leads me to my next big news. I didn't get nervous AT ALL last night, when I played my flute for the offertory. Woo-hoo! That is a first. I guess what everyone has been telling me is true: the more you preform, the more you get used to it. With acting, though, I've never gotten nervous. But that's another subject.

I've been debating on whether or not to put some more of my novel, The Full Measure of Devotion on here. And should I keep on adding the play version? I'd like some input, so please comment!

Also, thanks for voting on my poll! If you didn't get the chance to vote, don't worry! You'll get another chance. I'm going to have a "get to know your friends" post in a few days. It will have a bunch of questions about yourself (nothing too personal, I'm not sure I want to know everything about you-- lol) and you get to answer them. I'll be doing it, too, so it's not like you'll be alone.

I suppose I'll get off now. Once again, I'm going to thank everyone for their prayers. I did get better, so I was able to go to Talents for Christ, and I wasn't extremely nervous. Now go have a great day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You did great last night Emily! I didn't get a chance to tell you because Londan and I were outside, she got tired :( I am glad that you didn't get nervous when you played your flute. I can tell you that I am not one of those people that gets less nervous the more I do it :) Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so I was pretty sure I told you NOT to put that picture on here! lol Like I can actually remember saying "Emily, don't put that picture on your blog" and guess what? Its there!!!! Haha I will forgive you though. I do have some sweet talent for the violin :) I know Walker loved it! hehehe :D You did an excellent job last night!! I love that song, and you do a really great job playing your flute. I wish I was really good at an instrument, ah well practice makes perfect! I hope you are having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie: Thanks. Your mom, my mom, and grandma Kay were saying how you and I should do a duet together. I think it would be fun, what about you? (I always feel better when there's someone up there with me--there are strength in numbers)

    Andrea: *innocently* Oh, yeah, I guess you did tell me that. Oops. Sorry! :) Aw, come on, it's good picture. haha, you are pretty good. Thanks, I'm glad you think I did good. I enjoyed your testimony. Hey, you're good at the guitar, I bet! And your good at singing. You're good at lots of things (there, I covered them all in one sentence!) BTW, when am I going to hear your guitar? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind doing a duet with you :) I actually think that would be fun. There is strength in numbers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts