Serving Our Generation

2:23 PM

On Sunday, Andrea gave a testimony of how the speaker at Talents for Christ was preaching about serving our generation. That spoke to me, too, Andrea! I'm not sure about other teens, but sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one. You know, the only teen that wants to do what God wants them to. But I'm not. There are lots of kids in my youth group who want to serve God, and I found a blog called A New Rebel, and that is written by a girl who wants to serve God (you can get to her blog by clicking here).

Then, last night we were watching Glenn Beck on YouTube (we don't have TV) and my mom--who was at Talents for Christ--said, "Glenn Beck is serving his generation." Every Friday for a month he will be speaking about our founding fathers. Last Friday (April 29th) he was talking about Samuel Adams. It was really good, so I linked to it here. We're going to have someone tape the next few Fridays for us, so we don't have to all sit around the computer. I really recommend watching his show on Fridays, too, if you get the chance. He had a Christian historian on last time, I think.

Here's the link:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4174313/founders-friday-sam-adams


Well, I think that's all--I'm done venting. I hoped that writing about serving our generation would help to challenge myself--and everyone who reads this--to take a stand, and serve God in America. Every night at 9:00 eastern time, spend a minute praying for our country, because, I'm not sure about you, but I love this land. I love how I can worship Who I want to and read my Bible without having to worry that I'll be persecuted. We've been studying the Roman civilization and it's really inspiring to think of how Christians were faithful even unto death. They knew that Christianity was a tough road, but it is worth every mocking word that someone says to you; every time someone says, "Oh, you're a Christian" with hate in their voice, you can be comforted that we are serving the one true God, and not breaking down and giving in to the world is making Him happy. People all over the world are making fun of Christians: the news, movies, books, even our own American Government, which is supposed to be serving this nation, a nation that is supposed to be, "..one nation under God.." But no matter what, we've got to stand strong and serve our Lord. We have to remember that we need to pray for America to once again become a country that is pleasing to God. I think that I'll close this post (I know, I said I'd be done and then I wrote another paragraph--sorry!) with this verse:

"If my people, which are called by My name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
~ 2 Chronicles 7:14

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am so proud of the godly woman that you are becoming, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts