Hello from Texas!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Well, today I went to the Fort Worth stockyards. It was really cool. I saw Texas Longhorn and lots of people wearing cowboy hats and cowboy boots.

Tomorrow, we head for San Antonio and the Alamo. I'm excited. Some people say not to get your hopes up, it's only a building. But still. Things that other people don't find cool or interesting--or beautiful--I find beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One person's garbage is another person's treasure. Some people just don't appreciate beautiful things. And that's because they can't see the beauty. By saying this, I know that I'm giving people the chance to say I'm crazy. The truth is, I was born like this--seems like most writers are; you see and love the beauty in things that other people pass by. That's a reason why they write. It's happened to me before. A beautiful summer night, sweet air coming through an open window, crickets singing their soothing song, a bird chirping off in the distance....That's something that is beautiful to me. It's given me inspiration and I have started a book, and songs from that scenario.

Well, I'll have to tell you about the zoo later. I'm goin' to bed now. Thank you all for reading. I'm so sorry--this post started out about traveling and it turned out to be about writing and beauty. I sort of laughed. You can, too. Ah, I must stop talking to you all about writing, because I know that it almost definitely bores you. But then, by telling you how I feel about writing, and about writing in itself, you may all get to know me better. Thanks again for reading this post, and I miss you all! Oh, and by the way, I'm an hour behind you. When it's 8:00 am where you guys are, it's 7:00 am where I am. It really messes up bedtime. Goodbye, and I love and miss you all! See ya soon!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think you're crazy, Emily. I think YOU'RE beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I like to think I'm not crazy. haha. Luuv and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I miss you, I won't get on your case about "luuv" but you know it drives me crazy. It sounds like you are having a good time. I can't wait to hear about San Antonio.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Annie. I love you, too! Are you excited about your birthday? It's in only twelve days.

    Momma,
    I wrote "luuv" on purpose. You know, sort of stretched out. Well, I must go. Love you all and see you all later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)