Happy Birthday to Annie

4:53 PM

Happy birthday, Annie!

Annie is now officially seven years-old. It's so hard to believe my baby sister is that old. It's hard to imagine what life would be like without her. She's one of the biggest blessings in my life. And she has taught me so much! Patience, sharing, big things come in little packages... The list goes on and on. I learned that someone is always watching. Sometimes I'll tell Annie not to do something, and she'll innocently say, "But you do it." That teaches me a lot. Annie also keeps me on my feet. I can't be "boring"--she won't allow that! If Annie thinks I'm behind in my playtime duties as sister, though, she reminds me; "You're boring!" "Don't you remember what it was like when you were six?" "But I'm you're baby sister."

Yes, God has given me a very special gift; one that I sometimes take for granted. But if Annie wouldn't have been born today, I would be a kid that was a little more selfish. A little less patient. And when I think about how selfish I am now, and how impatient I am, I know I would be awful without Annie. I'm so glad that she came into this world, and into my life. I love that little blond haired, blue eyed, imp. Love her to death! And I'm so glad she's mine. I think that I'll hug her a little harder tonight. Make that right now.

Happy Birthday, Annie!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aww :-) I think we would all be different if Annie was not around. We all love her so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Em, you brought tears to my eyes with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Em - how do I get to your other blog - Dreams of an Aspiring Writer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll send you an e-mail. And thanks, everyone! You are so right, David!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts