Working in beginners church

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tomorrow I get to work in beginners church. I really enjoy being around the little kiddies. It's usually very...um, exciting...and loud...and...interesting. And funny. I think we're talking about forgiveness tomorrow. That's something I will always struggle with. Some of the hardest things that I'll have to do in life will be to just let something go. I have problems just walking away sometimes. There's always this feeling that we need to get back at the person who did us wrong. What we really need to do, though, is just forgive the person. That doesn't mean you're supposed to walk up to whoever did you wrong and say, "I forgive you for being a jerk." That's not right. You need to inwardly forgive them; and, if they ask you, just say, "I forgive you." That's a problem that everyone struggles with at some time in their lives. Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with that problem lately because no one has done anything to me. But when we do struggle with forgiving someone, we need to remember that we nailed our Saviour to the cross and caused Him pain. Then--if you're saved, which I hope that most of you are--you at one time asked Him to forgive you for all your sins and wipe them away. And after we have asked Jesus to save us, we still do things that grieve Him. And He still forgives us. Again and again.

Wow. I really got a long way from working in beginners church. But hopefully writing this down will help me to remember it. And if any of you haven't ever asked Jesus Christ to come into your heart and save you from to sins, please, please, talk to me.

3 comments:

  1. Emily,
    I'm really, really, pleased with the young lady that you are becoming. I admire your dedication to your writing but most of all I admire your dedication to serving our Savior. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)