St. Louis

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I finally have Internet! Woo-Hoo! So, here are all my pictures, I'll add any stories that I can remember. I miss all of you!

#1. This is the St. Louis arch. 630 feet high. *gulp*
#2. Looking up at the arch, directly below.
#3. This is a copy of what we rode up in. (FYI, we rode to the top of the arch) Remember, 630 ft. Mee-Mee and Mark were fine. (Are you kidding! They both had sore stomachs)



#4. The view of the Mississippi from the top of the arch.

#5. I like this picture-I think it's cool. It's a pic of the shadow of the arch, from the top of the arch





#6. This is the St. Louis Cardinal's stadium. From the top of the arch.









#7. This is what we rode up in. It doesn't look that small in the pic, but believe me, it was small. I was hunched over in it. Me.



#8& 9. The arch from the road.



When we were getting our tickets to go up into the arch, the cashier-person asked, "do any of you have problems with stairs, heights, or claustrophobia?" I suddenly didn't feel to well. The freaked me out a bit. But, I felt better after a little while, because after picturing myself barfing and fainting, I decided to gain my composure. In the end, though, it was Mark and Mee-Mee who got nervous. I didn't mind the heights at all--if anything worried me, it would have been the small space.

Well, that is all I have time for. I have more pics, but I will have to put them on later. The states we have been through are: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and we're in Missouri right now. Tomorrow we will be going through Oklahoma and finally be in Texas. By the way, while it is nine o'clock for you, it's eight o'clock for me. And, it was 41 degrees (I heard you had some warm weather, too) and the sky was blue and the sun was shining--beautiful. (Sorry, I couldn't help rubbing that it. Please forgive me.)

Hopefully I will be able to talk to you all again soon. Also, I plan on coming back the same, not like what Sarah said: cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and spitting. Haha.

20 comments:

  1. Emily, the pics are wonderful! I cannot believe you went up to the top of that thing. The pod looks like a space ship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Emily!! :-) That's so cool. And we haven't had warm weather, we just got a snow storm with like 50 mph winds. Talk about snow drifts!! lol So you should be in Texas by now? I hope its warm down there and you are having a good time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha. It's going to be in the 50's today and there are blue skies. lol. No snow to be seen anywhere. Yeah, I'm in Texas, with my great aunt and uncle. Today we're going to a zoo with them and my second cousins who I don't know. lol. They have a dog named Annie, and it's weird to be saying that name to anyone other than my little sis. The zoo we're going to will take 2-3 hours to walk through. And I get foot problems when I walk for too long. Then we're going to a Mexican restaraunt(sorry if I spelled that wrong). The latsest news is that I think it would be so cool to have a ranch in Oklahoma. It's so cool there (we drove through). I just need to get the rest of the family to move with me. Thanks for Andrea's address! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Kim-- Thanks! Mee-Mee can't believe we went up in it, either. lol. Mark sent Annie a postcard that shows how tall the arch is compared to other tall buildings in America. The Statue of Liberty looks TINY! It's only 302 ft compared to the arch's 630 ft. And a space shuttle is tiny, too! I can't wait to see you! Maybe, since I'm gone, you can do my b-day shopping. Hint Hint. I started a list :) Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rubbing in the weather as much as possible I see. ;-) It sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun today! Haha, good luck getting the WHOLE family to move to Oklahoma. :-P And your welcome. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. I know, I'll never be able to get everyone to move to Oklahoma. I'll try and post pics when I get the chance. I'll tell you about the spicy Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em,
    I love your pictures. Has Mark taken any? It is very quiet here. We miss you guys a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, momma. I think Mark has taken pictures. I'm pretty sure. I miss you too! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spicy Mexican Food! mmm, sounds good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was okay. I had refried bean and cheese nachos. I LOVED this one dip, called caso. Mmmmmmm. I ate more of that than my nachos. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was really good. I had a fun time with my second cousin and their cousin. Their cousin's name was Emily, though, and that was a little confusing. She's gonna be eighteen, my 2nd cousin Maddie (she goes by the name of Luna-long, weird story) and my cousin Claire is seven or eight. Tomorrow is San Antonio! Remember the Alamo! Today we went to the Fort Worth stockyards. It was cool! I'll be posting pics in a little bit-of the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, a cousin with the same name? That would be confusing! :-P The Alamo! That would be a fun place to visit. Maybe someday for me... Sounds like you are having fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forget about the pictures being posted tonight. I left the camera cord in the car. Tell Andrea and Diana that I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be going to the Wilds! Yippee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, ok. Tomorrow then? They will be really excited to hear that! We were actually wondering about that tonight at church. It sounds like a lot of fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you guys were talking about me, eh? lol. That's okay. I trust you. I'll put the pictures on tomorrow if we get internet at the next hotel. I'll have to show you the pictures of my uncles '53 dodge truck! I got a ride in it. I took a video. lol. You should've herd the noise it made when it accelerated. And BTW, I've got a second cousin with the second name and a cousin of a second cousin with the same name. One's in or out of college and the other one is about to turn eighteen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep we were! haha but just about camp. ;-) Yes I will need to see pictures of that truck!! It sounds cool. :-) There is just a couple Emilys down there!?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heyy Emily!! We all missed you today! It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun. Great pics! I would be so freaked out to go up in the arch. SCARY!!! Have fun :)) miss you girly

    ReplyDelete
  19. I miss you, too, Andrea. Thanks! My brother likes the first one (I do too. Does that sound conceited?) My mee-mee and Mark were freaked out. It was fun on the way down. It goes sorta fast. It can't go straight down, though, so it goes down, over, down, over, on the way down. It was cool. It reminded me of a roller coaster. Yeah, David, I know, lots of Emily's. haha. Everyone must love it, huh? haha. Miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)