Writing

12:33 PM

When I tell most people that I like to write, they don't really understand. When someone asks me what my future career is going to be and I say a writer, they can't comprehend that. It doesn't bother me; writing is who I am and even I couldn't change that if I wanted to. Writing is my world, it's me. If people have a problem with that, then that's too bad--they don't have to be around me. I have a big imagination and I'm always coming up with ideas. Some people think it's weird when I say that I've started some novels. Yes, plural. I have so many ideas that I write them all down. But right now, I'm trying (and so far doing quite good) to really focus on only one. Every now and then, I'll get out another story and add to it. I love to read what I already have. Some stuff makes me say, "Did I really write this? This isn't that bad?" (It makes me feel really bad to be prideful) Of course, they need a lot of work. Sometimes I say, "Did I really write this piece of junk?" So I work on them a lot. In fact--don't tell my mom--but, when I sit down to do my math, or any schoolwork, sometimes it takes me half and hour to start because I'm thinking up how to make my stories better, or maybe I'm even thinking up a new story all together. I'm always thinking (usually about writing, but sometimes about anything) There's never a day that goes by that I don't think about my stories. Never. There are times when I wish I could just forget about writing for a week and be "free"; I wouldn't have to feel the need to write. But I really do love and enjoy writing. Isn't that how we're supposed to feel about our careers and ourselves--love and enjoy who we are and what we do? Not wishing we did something else, or somebody else. Now, that doesn't mean that we don't. Like I said, sometimes I wish I didn't have to write. But I do. Most people don't understand that; even the people that it happens to. Something inside of you makes you write--it forces you to. And even though you may not want to give in at first, you end up enjoying it as you go. Just the other day I had to do a writing assignment for school and I didn't want to. But as I got into it, I loved it. It was fun. School, fun! Can you believe that? That's one of three reasons I enjoy school: writing, history, and it makes you smarter, if you let it.

Well, I hope that I haven't bored you now that I wrote that. Please forgive me, but like I said, writing is who I am, what I do. Once I get started I can't stop.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Emily, that is exactly how I felt about writing when I was your age. I kinda let my writing fall by the wayside as life continued to get complicated- don't you do that! You keep writing! I know we'll be reading your work in print someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm certainly going to try to get my books in print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Did I really write this? This isn't that bad?" haha, I laughed at that Emily. :-P

    And Emily I understand! Its the same with me and working on cars. Sometimes I just wish I could get away from it for awhile and just do something else, but I just end up back in the garage because my car broke. But like you said, I have to!

    And it would be really awesome if you could get your books published! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think it would be really awesome, too. Yeah, I know that you like your cars. And yes, I really do say that. Sometimes I feel bad saying it, but I can't help it. And when I tell myself how bad some of the stuff I write is, it covers it. haha. Oh well. That's the life of a writer. I was looking through the first draft of my first novel that I wrote. I definitely needs work. I guess I know what I'll be working on in TX.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts