Friday the 13th

12:56 PM

Scary title, huh?
Well, today my mom took me and the siblings out to eat and she went into the store to get some medicine--it was sooo nice to be able to be outside. I don't think that I'll soon be taking my social life for granted. When we got home, Annie asked if they would be better by Christmas. I said that they better be better by Thanksgiving--I want the food! My mom suggested that we stop at my grandparents house to see them--of course, we'd only be able to see them from the window because of getting them sick. I said, "Yep, that sounds like a great idea. We'll stand in the driveway, looking up at the windows, while our healthy family looks down. I'll make sure to wear my most pitiful and longing face, and slowly wave." I could have made it quite funny. But, Annie said that she didn't want to if we couldn't go in--I don't think Mark liked the idea, either.
Oh oh oh, guess what! The other day, Annie sat down at the piano and all of a sudden I hear the beginning of O Come all Ye Faithful. She played it out by ear! I guess Annie's new name will be Annie von Beethoven; Annie Bach; a regular Motzartette--Wolfgang Annie-das Motzartette. I was--and still am--so proud of her.
Well, I guess I'll be going--maybe watch a movie and write or something. So, have a happy and lucky Friday the 13th.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey, you didn't tell me on the phone that Annie was playing by ear. That's fantastic. My maternal grandmother played my ear so maybe it is in the genes. I really enjoy ready your blog and I want to commend you on your writing it. You do a great job of keeping us informed of what is going on in your family. It makes me feel like I am there, which is exactly what a writer should do. Love you muchly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have looked down on you from the window!

    Annie is quite musical, but then again, so are you. You used to play things by ear too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment--I read each one :)

Popular Posts